Sunday, July 1, 2012

Am I convinced?


For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39


Over the last year or so, every time I read this verse, I find something odd.  I used to think about all the things that are listed here and how none of them are able to separate me from the Love of God.  I would think through them, how enemies standing before me can't.  How natural disasters can't.  How all the storms of my life can't.


Instead, I find myself stuck on the first 4 words: "For I am convinced".  Paul was saying that he's convinced of these things, yet can I say as much?  I know I can't.  I can see it from my actions, especially my attitudes on things.  Maybe it's not so much that I think something can't separate me from His love, than that He loves me that much.

How I long to say those words.  I am convinced of the love of God.  I have weathered the storms, I have stood my ground, and found the Lord is faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment